Monday, July 2, 2012

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes

 Why I don't support Gay Marriage or the Lifestyle 

I started this post out of anger from the controversial Oreo gay pride picture. My first thought was that I'm going to tell Oreo how I'm not supporting them anymore. But I changed my mind, I knew it was just going to cause uproar.
  More than 150,000 Facebook users “liked” the post and 22,463 had commented as of Tuesday afternoon. A post was made on Fail book that all Christians should stay at home and read our bibles and stay out of society's way. That is what sparked this long drawn out post. I made it through 10 comments when I had to walk away from the computer.

So I thought to myself this is unfair, GLBT people can state that they support something but as a Christian, if I disagree with that, I'm shunned as a homophobic, gay person hater  which is NOT true, I'm just explaining my point of view/belief but GLBT community won't listen or have an "open mind", which is what they tell other people to have, because their mind has already been made. 

Lets get one thing straight (hah), all jokes aside, I do not hate gay people, I just don't agree with the way they choose to live and I'm certainly not trying to force my beliefs on you. 

 For the Christian, the Bible is the final authority for both belief and behavior. You cannot mold the Bible around your life, you must mold your life around the Bible. The Bible is the inspired Word of God, written by men guided by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit declares that those who practice homosexuality "shall not inherit the kingdom of God" (I Corinthians 6: 9; 10)


Homosexuality is an illicit lust forbidden by God. He said to His people Israel, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination" (Leviticus 18:22).
 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:13)

The story of Sodom and Gomorrah - Genesis 19:1
More verses Romans 1:24-27; I Timothy 1:10 and Jude 7

Some homosexuals will attempt to circumvent the plain teaching of the Bible with the reply that they are the way God made them.
1. There is not the slightest bit of evidence in Scripture to support this false concept. God never created man with a so-called "homosexual need." 
2. No baby is born a homosexual. Every baby is born male or female. In every place the Bible refers to homosexuality, the emphasis is upon the perversion of sexuality. 

The practicing homosexual is guilty of "leaving the natural use of the woman" (Romans 1:27), meaning that his behaviour is "against nature" as in the case of the lesbian 
(Romans 1:26).  Inasmuch as homosexuality is opposed to the regular law and order of nature, the genetic concept must be ruled out completely. 

If homosexuality were a genetic problem, there would be little hope for the homosexual simply because there is no way that the genes in a person can be changed.
Now, on to the counter argument of  "You shouldn't judge people, God says not to judge others."


If you are going to try and use that as an argument of why people should be accepting of the homosexual lifestyle you should go ahead and finish that whole thing from Matthew 7:1, 2. "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Every single one of us is going to be judged when Jesus comes again. How are we going to be judged? Hopefully, any Christian will answer that we'll be judged by what the Bible, the Word of God, says. The verse above also shows that we will additionally be judged be judged by how we judge others.

Let's say you are a worshiper of some sort of idol, let's say Zeus. I come to you and tell you that you shouldn't be worshiping Zeus and should instead worship the One and True God. Have I judged you? Yes, I have judged you based upon the fact that you are an idolater and I've judged you by using God's Word. I haven't judged you by some notion that I created or that I decided was right or moral. I judged you by the Word of God.

If you judge according to the law you are doing nothing wrong. How else are we to try and bring back the sinner? If we can't tell them they are doing something contrary to God's Word (meaning we are judging), how are we to bring back the wayward sinner? If we couldn't bring back the wayward sinner, how could anyone spread the word of God? We're told to love one another, to love your neighbor as yourself. How do we love the sinner? We love sinners by being faithful in telling them of the forgiveness that is available through Jesus Christ. A true act of love is treating someone with respect and kindness even though he/she knows you do not approve of his lifestyle and/or choices. It is not loving to allow a person to remain stuck in sin. It is not hateful to tell a person he/she is in sin. In fact, the exact opposites are true. We love the sinner by speaking the truth in love. We hate the sin by refusing to condone, ignore, or excuse it


Ashley
With the help of my Superman

 

No comments:

Post a Comment